Sunday, June 28, 2009

Lazy Days of Summer

Don't you just love those lazy days of summer? Today has been one of those days. After church Wayne & I went to the cabin to eat and just relax (in the air conditioning, of course). Then I went to help him change out some fogger tips at the chicken house. He said it wouldn't take very long to do that, but you know that of course is famous last words. It always takes longer than you expect. When it cooled down a little we decided to go check the cows on the four wheeler. There was a breeze blowing and it was so nice just driving through the fields checking everything. It is wonderful to just take your time, not be in a hurry to do anything or get back for something. We spent many a year running from here to there, meeting ourselves coming and going so it is nice sometimes to just hang loose and not worry about being anywhere or doing anything.

We did stop by to see the girls for a minute, they were both in the bathtub fixing to take a bath and when Emma saw me she started climbing out of the bathtub, its a good thing that Leanne was sitting by the tub to catch her. There I was standing there holding that naked little thing, dripping wet. She didn't want to get back in the tub, she wanted her Memee to hold her. I finally convinced her to get back in, and when she figured out that I was leaving she started crying, screaming and reaching for me (believe me that little girl can scream with the best of them). She was also trying to climb out of the tub again. Wayne & I had to leave quick and was hoping that after I got out of her sight she would calm down. Little Kyleigh was holding her hands over both of her ears and saying, Emma's hurting my ears Mommy. I talked to Leanne later and she said Emma had finally gone to sleep. It had been a long day for them all.

Anyways, I hope you are enjoying those lazy days of summer also, that is if you get any lazy days. Have a great week and pray for rain!

Missing Pee Wee!

2 comments:

Leanne said...

I want a lazy day of summer!! :(!! Please tell me I don't have to wait until I have grandkids screaming at me to get a lazy day!!!!! lol!

Joann said...

Yep....You gotta wait!