Mr. & Mrs. Wayne Cole - June 10, 1978
Today is Wayne & I's 31st anniversary. It is so hard to believe that 30 years have gone by since our wedding day. We were married on June 10, 1978 in a pasture below where we were going to live for the next year or so. Wayne mowed me a path to the arch set up in the field. Before the wedding began we were waiting for everyone in the bridal party to show up, the last one, Don Freeman, drove up on a skidder (late). Wayne and the other groomsmen had to take him to his dad's house and let him clean all the grease off and change into his tux. Our wedding couldn't, of course, be normal...lol.... I asked my brother if he would give me away, since I had left my parents home 6 months before, my parents were really angry at me and wouldn't come to the wedding. We had 6 attendants each, my maid of honor was Kay Launius and Wayne's best man was Frankie Pruitt. It was a sunny hot day. The wedding march was played on a record player because we couldn't afford any extras. Since my grandparents were paying for my part I wanted to make it as cheap as possible on them. While the wedding was going on, the record warped pretty bad because no one took it off the record player and it sat in the hot sun for too long. Our preacher was really old and didn't do a very good job on the ceremony. Wayne had to ask him to repeat some stuff because he either couldn't hear him or understand him. During the reception our cake started melting because we didn't have any air conditioning in the house. We went to Six Flags for our honeymoon, which if I had to do it all over again I would change that and go to the beach. I would do a lot of things different if I had a chance to redo it, but it still holds wonderful memories for me.
My Wonderful Ma Ma
I Love this Man!
I want to say HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to the love of my life Wayne Cole. He recently told me that God gave him eyes for only me and that he would love me forever. He is the most wonderful generous man that I know. Not only with me, but with our kids, grand kids and every one that he comes in contact with. He is loving, kind (and sometimes annoying)lol....but I love him with all my heart. It has been a wonderful 31 years of love for us and I hope that we get to spend many many many more years together.
OUR FUTURE:
I Will Love You Forever Wayne!
Missing Sweet Pee Wee!
1 comment:
Happy Anniversary, Mom & Dad! Throughout my life, I have never once wondered if you two loved each other. You guys have been so blessed to have such an amazing marriage, & I am so thankful for that. I love you both very much!
P.S. I love the pictures!! Look at Brandon's big head, lol!
Even though there were snags in the wedding ceremony, you couldn't have been a more beautiful, sweet couple!
Love,
Leanne
Post a Comment