Friday, April 3, 2009

Do you want my Neighbors?

Well I guess by now you have figured out that its not Kyleigh's birthday anymore and it has been 14 days since I have updated my blog. So sorry about that. Things have been changing around the Cole farm pretty fast. We have been out of a Poultry contract for about 8 months now, since Pilgrim Pride closed their Clinton plant. That put 149 growers out of a job. It has been a tough 8 months, but with God's help we have endured. Thinking that we could possible be out for several more months we had started to go into survival mode (as Kathy says). Trying to eliminate things we didn't need, man that is tough when you get used to the comforts of life. Then out of the blue Wayne was talking with Tyson and the guy told him we would be getting chickens in two weeks. Praise the Lord an answer to a lot of prayers.

So Wayne went into Wayne mode and started working like a mad man getting everything ready. Three days before we were scheduled for chickens we found out that our neighbor had called the poultry commission and the air quality people (telling lies) and admitting that she is trying to keep us from getting chickens. How sorry is that for someone to try and prevent us from being able to pay our bills. This world is full of horrible vindictive people who are just up to no good. Life on a farm is dirty and stinky but the people in this world could not survive without the farmers. It's not like there hasn't been one to four chickens houses sitting on our property for at least 30 years. If you don't like living close to chicken houses or hog houses, then move to the city. Thank goodness the people that had to come investigate wasn't concerned about what she said. My goodness how could their dog come to our chicken houses, steal our chickens and bring them back to her house to eat them when we haven't had any chickens on the place in 8 months? That did happen once about 3 or 4 years ago and as soon as we found out about it, we fixed the problem making sure no animals could get to the chickens.It is comical I guess, but I take things like this serious, to me it is slander and you just can't tell lies like that and expect to get away with it. Luckily the State people know that it isn't true.

We won't let people like that reduce us to becoming like them, we shall take the high road, but will not let these lies get out of hand, we have options and will use them if necessary. Wayne always abides by the rules and is in compliance with whatever guidelines the Poultry Commission requires, so lets let the chips fall where they may.

On a lighter note, I am so glad the weather is changing. I love the sunshine, warm weather and the birds singing. I can sit out in my swing and listen to that all day (but that would mean I wouldn't get any work done, not that I do enough anyway). So get out there and enjoy God's beautiful world. Please continue to pray for us that everything will work out around here, and also please be in prayer for my Aunt Wanda, Uncle Roy and Ms. Vicki, all are dealing with cancer right now and will be thankful for your prayers.

3 comments:

Leanne said...

You better be careful about sitting outside on your swing...you might get a feather up your nose from those stinky chicken house fans, hehe!

Joann said...

HAHAHAHA! You are so funny!

kathy said...

Them imaginary chickens are in my yard...you better come and get them, they are leaving feathers behind...oh wait...I think those are mine...hahaha...ALL I CAN SAY IS "PEOPLE!"