
Buffalo River Group!
I had such a wonderful holiday weekend with my family. We decided to spend the weekend together away from home so I found us a cabin near the Buffalo River. There was no TV, phone or internet (thank goodness). Wayne & I arrived first, with Leanne, Josh & the girls about 30 minutes behind us. Brandon & Bethany got there about an hour or so later. We took the girls to the Buffalo to get in the water for a little while. Then headed back to grill hamburgers for dinner. We didn't do a lot that night other than play cards and play with Kyleigh & Emma.
Shasta & Jeremy arrived the next morning about 9:3o and the whole crew (except for Kyleigh, Emma & I) went kayaking for about 5 hours while the girls & I just hung out at the cabin and played. It was a little stressful worrying about Emma getting hurt constantly because she is a little live wire and loves to do whatever her big sis is doing, but instead of Emma getting hurt, Kyleigh got hurt about 5 different times by the time we left.

My Sweet Kyleigh!

My Precious Emma!
That night we had homemade vegetable soup and snack stuff. All the guys and Shasta played a game of Texas hold em and guess what? Shasta beat all the guys, I thought that was pretty cool. When they got finished we decided to play a game of Gestures. I have never laughed so hard in my life. If you ever play games with Wayne Cole you would understand, he was hilarious. He had us laughing so hard we were nearly crying. I still laugh every time I think about his word "chicken pox". He also drove everyone insane constantly wanting to do something, he can't just relax and sit still, he has to be going every second. Of course, that is one of the things I love about him and I would much rather him be like that than a lazy couch potato that only wants to play Wii or be on the computer all day. If it needs to be done he gets it finished lightening fast and then moves on to another project.
I am really looking forward to the next time my family can get together and just spend some quality family time with each other. I love my family so much and am thankful that we all still enjoy being around each other. Also, I want to say I appreciate Jeremy coming up, and also for putting up with our crazy bunch. We can definitely be a handful sometimes, but he was great. He pitched in when we were packing up to leave and helped us load things up without even being asked. He is a great guy and we loved having him there with us on Sunday & Monday.
STILL MISSING PEE WEE!
3 comments:
What fun. I love your sweet family.
Thanks Angela, yours is pretty awesome too!
Your grandbabies are beautiful! I LOVE the red hair!
Post a Comment