Friday, April 16, 2010

SPRING, SUNSHINE & FAMILY

Spring is my favorite time of the year. I love it when I go outside in the mornings and see the sun shining and hear the birds singing. I like going out to my swing to just sit there and listen. It is so peaceful . I also love seeing all the spring flowers blooming and seeing the grass finally getting green after all that ugly brown stuff that is there all winter. I love going on hikes to see all different kinds of waterfalls or especially going on a walk to "The Old Place". That is my favorite place in the whole wide world. It is an old family place on Wayne's dad's land. We have been wanting to build us a log house on that property ever since we got married, but have never been able to afford it (maybe one of these days if the gas wells hit big)!! I figure that is just a dream of mine, but you never know. God has created a beautiful place for us to live in and I am very thankful for that especially during the spring time, I guess because it all just seems new, clean & beautiful.

I enjoy taking Kyleigh & Emma outside and just walking around, sitting on the swing or swinging them on their swing set. I love teaching them the little things about outside, for example, yesterday Kyleigh decided she wanted to see a worm. I told her if I dug her up a worm then she had to touch it, at first she said no, but when I explained to her that it wouldn't bite her and how cool it was to touch one she decided she would touch it. We went outside and dug in about 5 different places but couldn't find one anywhere. When Papaw came home, Kyleigh & him went on a mission to find a worm and never did. So I have promised her that I would find her one soon. She wasn't too disappointed that we didn't find one, because secretly I think she is a little leery about touching a squiggly worm. Every late spring we try to take the girls to the creeks around our place to throw rocks in it and when the water gets warm enough they get to go wading. There are so many different things the girls can experience on the farm and it makes me so happy that they live close to us so that we can be apart of that experience. There is nothing better than going on a picnic and exploring with the two of them, watching them run and laugh through the fields. I feel so blessed to be able to see my grand daughter's anytime I want & be such a huge part of their everyday lives. Thank you Jesus!!

Miss my sweet PeeWee!

3 comments:

Nel said...

Granddaughters are such a blessing! There is something about watching your daughter being a mom, it is hard to put in words, or at least that is how I feel.
Thanks for leaving a comment the other day, and Janice and I are doing wonderful.
I am here in MO and Jan and her family have moved over to Cloud Mountain. They have right at 100 acres. It is beautiful over there, and Eden is having such a good time. We are 4-5 hours apart but we see each other quite often. The Lord has truly blessed both of us. I love reading about your kids and grandkids. They are adorable!

until next time... nel

Joann said...

Thanks for your comments Nel and you are so right Grand daughter's are a wonderful blessing. Thanks for checking in and reading my blog, I don't post new blogs near enough mainly because I am a procrastinator...lol(a fault of mine)

Leanne said...

I forgot to tell Kyleigh...when I was picking up rocks out of the yard yesterday I found a worm!
I'm glad they get to do those little things with you & Dad too. They love it so much! These are memories that they will keep forever!